Friday, March 30, 2012

She's all mine!!!

  
one of our first few days together


Today I made the last payment on my Jeep!!  We should take a road trip to celebrate but that's not going to happen right now.  Being the world's oldest college student means a group project to finish up for Monday and then another project due in a couple weeks then finals. 
My daughter has already asked me if I'm going to get a new vehicle after I graduate and start working so she can have the Jeep for grad school.  Don't think so, kid!!  I'm hoping to enjoy at least a couple of years of no car payments. 
In other matters - Sunday is April 1, commonly known as April Fools Day.  I'm doing a silly 3 mile run called the Twinkie run!  It's always held on April Fools day no matter the day it falls on.  (weekdays it's held at 7 pm)  The twinkie part is that each mile loop you have to grab a twinkie and eat it and you get a minute deducted from your time!!  The proceeds of this year's run go to the ALS foundation.  My Grandpa had ALS and died when my Mom was in high school.  Eat twinkies and support ALS research, how can I not participate!!!!  I haven't eaten a twinkie since I did this run about 4 years ago and before that it had been at least 15 years since I'd had one.  After the run I am planning on running some more miles on the trails in the park to burn off twinkie calories!!
Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment