Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Running in a dress!!

What???  Doesn't everyone run 5Ks dressed like this???  
In the photo above:  my friend, Erika and me getting ready for the Red Carpet Run!!  We've got our thrift store fancy dresses, plastic kids play jewelry, tiarras, sports bras and running shoes!!!  We even had a "limo" ride to the race!!  We rode with another running group member and we sat in the back seat and we made him open the doors for us!!! 
The Red carpet Run is a Wednesday evening fun 5K race.  It's theme is celebrities and the red carpet.  The start finish line is a red carpet.  Upon finishing runners receive, not a medal, but a champagne glass!!  You will see everything in this race:  evening gowns, wedding dresses, men in tux shirts with shorts, men in suits or dress shirt, jacket and tie but with shorts, even dudes wearing dresses!!!  It's so much fun.  Erika and I already have ideas for next year! 

finisher champagne glasses!!
I'm totally enjoying being a bum!!  I only have a few more weeks before school starts again.  I just keep reminding myself that it's just one more semester.
My heel continues to get better although not all healed up.  I'm just running easy in hopes of being back to normal for Key West in January.

Runner Nerd
runs in a dress

No comments:

Post a Comment