Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's a Jeep Thing

About a month ago, my diesel Jeep Liberty and I were invited to a Jeep party!  I wasn't sure about going to a Jeep party because I've heard of Jeep gatherings and, from what I understand, this is for those hard-core, tricked-out Mud-bogging, rock climbing Jeeps and their owners.  I was told that they wanted to have a diesel Liberty in attendance.  I decided to go.  It was fun and interesting.  Many of the attendees did not know that there was such a thing as a diesel Jeep.
Wayyyyyy back before I had kids, I had a 1976 Jeep Wrangler and I just loved that thing but it was the first thing to go when the first kid came along!  I drove mini vans for 16 years while my kids were growing up but always longed for the day when I would once again be driving a Jeep!

My diesel Jeep Liberty on the left with a few of the other Jeeps at the Jeep party
Since this Jeep party was held at a Jeep dealership, there was several brand new fancy schmancy Jeeps on display.   The new Jeep Wrangler has a retractable roof.  Instead of just a little sunroof, a major portion of the roof above the front seats slides back into the framework of the roof.  I would love that!!  Maybe someday!

After the Jeep party, I drove to my usual parking place in the big parking lot behind the clock tower building, changed into my running clothes and took off on a 6 mile run.  It was 50 degrees and sunny.  I had a really good run and felt good.  My legs were really tired Thursday night at running group from Wednesday's speedwork session.  My run today seemed to just fly by!  I could hardly believe it when Garmy beeped for mile 4 and then before I knew it, she beeped for mile 5!  I picked up the pace for my last mile and ran it in 8:36!  Next Saturday is the Detroit Race for the Cure.  I'm hoping for a really good 5K! 

Runner Nerd
proud Jeep owner

No comments:

Post a Comment