Thursday, October 14, 2010

has it really been 16 weeks????

WOW!  I ran my LAST run this evening!! Training for my 5th marathon is now complete.  Hard to believe that the last 16 weeks flew by. 
I am going to take the next two days off from running.  I will head to Grand Rapids on Saturday, check into my hotel, go to the expo then dinner with 3 ladies from my Tuesday morning running group. 
I'm getting excited but I am also getting plenty nervous.  I am going out with the Oprah pace group which is 4:29:20 and hopefully I will finish at least a few minutes ahead of them.  I know better than to try to break 4 hours this time; that will have to wait.  I think I can do better than 4:20 but at the same time I just don't want the last part of this marathon to be a death march.  This is my last marathon until I finish college and I'm already kind of sad about that and I want to have good memories of this one so I will be excited about running another one in a couple of years. 
A check of the marathon website reveals 2 days, 9 hours and a check of weather.com reveals sunny and 59 degrees.  Looks like the temp forecast has fallen.  I hope it doesn't fall much more.  I am not good at freezing. 
I still have not decided what to wear! Nothing like waiting until the last minute. 
Well, it's bedtime; have to work tomorrow. 
Runner Nerd
trained for a marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment