Saturday, November 12, 2011

Just for fun running events

This was the scene last night before a night run. 
Neon green or yellow and reflective trim.  The run was a fun run to commerate the date being 11-11-11.  Runners really don't need much of an excuse to have a run!  One of the members of the running group I run with hosted at his house which is near a lake that has a trail going around it.  There was a full moon last night which made running even more fun.  I was happy when I saw this picture because I wasn't sure if the old running pants I was wearing were still reflective on the trim along the zippers at the bottom of the legs.  I can see from this picture that they are!  It looks really dull compared to how it used to look.  (I'm the one on the left with my back to the camera)
That was last night at 7pm.
Today at 9am I was at it again!  I ran a 5K and a 10K back to back; it's the Iron Turkey!  I ran a 30 minute 5K and just over an hour 10K so it was like a long run.  The 2 races are an hour apart; 5K at 9 and 10K at 10.  I had a half hour between them and when I started the 10K I was stiff and had a really hard time getting my body moving again.  I had the best race number today!!!! I am the one in the middle with the race number!
I had the best race number!

All too soon racing was over and I had to go back to my other life - being the world's oldest college student.  After going home and showering it was off to the library for a few hours of studying for an exam I have on Monday - oh, the excitement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment