Sunday, February 26, 2012

High Mileage Week

I ran the highest mileage this week since - I don't know when!  I ran a grand total of 16 miles!!  Yep, SIXTEEN!!!  Hard to believe that I used to run 25-30 miles per week.  Yesterday was my long run - 6 miles!  I haven't run 6 miles at one time since the 10K on Thanksgiving. 
I am running a 10K on May 12 and I hope to have a decent time.  It took me 1 hour and 3 minutes to run 6 miles yesterday so right now I'm thinking my goal is going to have to be anything under 1 hour.  Maybe I could go for 55 minutes but I have a long way to go for that. 
I guess that's what I have to give up to be the world's oldest college student!!  Actually, it's keeping up a 4.0 GPA that nessecitates giving up weekly mileage.  Just over 9 months to go!!  It won't come soon enough. 
This week is spring break.  I want to know when I'm going to get a break.  I have so much work to do.  I have a test on the first day back next week.  I have a research project for one of my classes.  I have a presentation for clinical to work on.  I have a case study to finish.  I will get to go to Tuesday night running group this week!!!  I'm sooooo excited!  I miss Tuesday night running group more than anything.  I miss my friends!  This is the first time since going back to school that it has interefered with running group. 

Well, I'm heading to bed and am going to read a "real" book (not textbook) before going to sleep!!!  I can do that because I don't have to get up and go to school and take any exams tomorrow! 

Runner Nerd
on no break spring break

No comments:

Post a Comment