Sunday, February 5, 2012

Look! A cow running past the house!

I was in my usual spot in the public Library with my textbooks all afternoon living the nerd part of my life.  When the library closed at 5, I set out to live the runner part of my life for a short time.  I was fully looking forward to this since it is now completely light out at 5 pm.  It was a really nice sunny day today and the temp at 5 was in the 30s - unseasonably "warm" for February in southeast Michigan.  I changed my clothes in my car, thanks to the miracle of tinted windows, fired up Garmy, and was off on my mini-adventure!  My route took me through the cemetary, where I said hi to my ancestors as I ran past their graves!  (yes, I really do say, "Hi great great Uncle Adam and Aunt Mary" as I run past; that's normal, isn't it?)  I continued on through some neighborhood streets toward a trail that takes me through the woods and through the campus of the hospital.  As I was running past a house just before the entrance to the trail I heard, "MOOOOOOOOOOOO"!  OMG, somebody was mooing at me - as in calling me a cow!!!!  They did it 3 times, I think.  I could not see the person, they were either in the garage or around the corner of the house.  I did see people as I was running toward the house so they must have hid when they decided to moo!!  I admit that I have gained some pounds since I've become a full time college student and my mileage has dropped from 25-30 miles to 10-12 miles per week but I sure didn't think I was in the cow category yet!!  I wasn't wearing black and white; I was wearing pink!  I thought the rest of the world was watching the Super Bowl this afternoon!  The rest of my run was uneventful.  I ran 5 miles which is about as far as I can run these days.  It was a really great run in the sunshine.  I am still waiting for weather suitable for the miracle shirt but I'm not complaining! 
A beautiful day for a run in February and a new funny running story to tell; what more could one ask for!! 
What better motivation to get onself back into shape than being moo'd at while running!!! 

Runner Nerd
mistaken for a cow

No comments:

Post a Comment