Saturday, October 19, 2013

Chicago Marathon race report coming soon...

I'm still waiting on my daughter to send me the pictures she took during the marathon.  I'm working on a Chicago Marathon race report.  Hopefully, I can post soon with the pictures.    

I ran Thursday night with the running group.  It was my first run since the marathon.  When we started out I felt great but I was tired by two miles.  We ran 3.5 miles; I was dragging the last half mile.  I guess I'm still under the influence of running a marathon!

I'm pacing a 10K next Sunday, 65 minutes again.  I'm sure I will be able to do that.

Next year is going to be my year of half marathons.  I will start with Key West in January.  Chicago has two half marathons, one in June and one in September.  If you do both you get an additional medal called the Windy City Challenge!  That is a real possibility!  I would like to do the half marathon on Mackinac Island next year which is in late October.  I'm considering the half in Vegas in November but I'll write more about that in my race report.  My birthday is on a Sunday so I'll be looking for something on September 7th.

Tomorrow is the Detroit Marathon and half marathon and I have quite a few friends running one or the other so it will be exciting to track everyone. 

Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment