Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicago!

I'm in Chicago! 
We went to the expo this afternoon!  We figured that it would be better to do that today instead of tomorrow because it could involve a lot of walking.  It was huge; I think it is the largest marathon expo I've ever been to. 
Entering McCormic Place with our packet pick up tickets  
OMG!!! It's Dean Karnazes!!!!
I saw a celebrity!  Dean Karnazes was there.  There was a long line to see him so I just took a quick picture.  It would be sooooooo cool to actually have a picture with him but I was the only one in the group who was interested so I just took the pic!
I got my bib!!
Chicago Marathon race bib
There were photo taking spots all over the place in the expo.  This is one of them.  You scan your bib and your name appears on the background! 
I own 26.2
My feet were beginning to hurt from all the walking.  I'm not sure how long we were there but it was around 2 hours. 
We took a bus to near Millennium Park and saw the Bean; my daughter really wanted to see it again.  We thought we were going to get on the train right there by Millennium Park but when we got there we found out that it wasn't the right one.  We had to walk several more blocks to the right place.  I nearly fell asleep on the ride back to where we had to go. 
Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to go into downtown Chicago by myself to meet up with several running bloggers!  This should be interesting; the country girl in the big city!  I have it all written out - which train to take and when to get off the train, then the next train to get on and where to get off and then it's 2 blocks to the place. 
 There's just one more day until the big day! 

Runner Nerd
blogging from Chicago

1 comment: