Monday, July 2, 2012

The Joy of Plantar Fasciitis Massage

Today I got a massage!!  You know, a luxury day of pampering at the spa!!!! 

*****(I wish I could insert the little emoticon dude from Yahoo instant messenger who is rolling around laughing and laughing and laughing!!!)*******

Ok, so this wasn't a luxurious day of spa pampering; this was hard-core plantar fasciitis torture massage!!  AND....I get to go back in 16 days and do it all over again!!!  How did I get so lucky?
She said that my calf muscles were really tight and that my foot had a lot of hard spots.  I have no idea what she means by hard spots.  She sure poked and pushed those hard spots and I thought I was going to come off the table. 
I'm supposed to ice it.  Oops, I forgot to do that tonight.  I hate ice - it's COLD!  After all, I'm the person who loves this weather!!  (got as high as 97 today!)   I actually intended to do it but I kept putting it off.  Maybe tomorrow. 

I told the massage therapist that I'm registered for the Key West Half Marathon in January and she said that I should be able to have this PF problem resolved and be good to go by then. 

Tomorrow is my last regular class of this semester!!!  Next week is just the final exam!!  Tomorrow we have class at Mott Children's Hospital in the Neo-Natal ICU.  Class is only 3 hours long instead of the usual 6 hours!!  AND class is at 1pm instead of 11am so I don't have to get ready to go as early!! I'm happy!  (In case you don't know, I have always worked nights and I like working nights.  This daytime going to school has been hard on me.) 

This coming weekend I will be spending a couple of days with all of my sisters in Grand Rapids!!!!  It's been a long time since I've seen my sister who lives in California.  I'm really excited!!  The only thing is that my final exam is next Tuesday so I am going to have to study Wednesday and Thursday and then not study until Monday, not my usual nerd final exam prep routine. 

Well, I'm off to bed. 

Runner Nerd
survived myofascial release

No comments:

Post a Comment