Sunday, July 1, 2012

Observations of a Nerd

A couple of observations I made after leaving the library today:  (The following is from signs in front of businesses)

CVS Pharmacy had 2 liter bottles of Coke on sale for 79 cents.
McDonalds had Quarter Pounder with Cheese buy one, get one free.

I have no idea what a quarter pounder with cheese costs but I am going to guess $1.99.  So, for $3.00 one could obtain 2 quarter pounder with cheese sandwiches and 2 liters of Coke (includes MI 6% tax on fast food and 10 cents bottle deposit, but no tax, on Coke)  Each quarter pounder with cheese weighs in at 520 calories, 26 grams of fat, and 1180 mg of sodium. (from McD's website)  You tell me, how many people do you think will be stopping in and buying one and getting one free and then proceeding to eat BOTH of them???????  I know not everyone, but I'm sure there will be a good number of people out there today consuming 1040 calories, 52 grams of fat, and 2360 mg of sodium as their lunch, for some this will just be a mid-afternoon snack!!!  Combine that with the cheap 2 L bottle of Coke and they will have quite the ingestion of healthy, deliciousness that makes up the good ole American diet; oops, I mean, UNHEALTHY crap that spells - job security - for those of us working in health care!!!!!!

I wonder how many people got their 2 QPWCs and a 2L DIET Coke or Coke ZERO!!! (to keep those calories down!)

Ok, that's enough!!  I just had to laugh when I saw those 2 signs this afternoon!! 

Runner Nerd
needs to pay attention to the road and not the signs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment