Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sister's Reunion

I spent the weekend with all of my sisters!  I have 3 sisters; one lives in California, one lives in Maryland and the other one lives about 30 minutes away from me.  It's been over a year since I've seen my California sister.  The far away sisters flew in Friday and we all stayed at my close-by sister's house.  Our parents even showed up on Sunday and we all had lunch together!
My nephew and I in the back of my Brother-in-law's truck (no, we didn't ride there!)

  

My nephews, with whom I also got to spend time!

My parents, my sisters, my nephews and me
We all had a great time.  Saturday night we were looking for people we knew in high school on Facebook.  It all started because we were trying to find out why a high school classmate of my sister's passed away recently.  One thing always leads to another and we ended up looking for a bunch of people we knew as kids!!  We had several dinners out and more than one ice cream eating session!!  Before we knew it, it was Sunday night and my far away sisters had to pack up to fly out in the morning.  My CA sis had to leave for the airport around 5 am.  I came back home Sunday night.  Monday morning it was time to get the notes out and study for my final exam which was today.  I've never totally blew off all school work for an entire weekend, especially just before a final!  I did study Wednesday and Thursday before the weekend. 
I took my final this morning.  I felt very unprepared and wasn't too sure of too many of the answers. I don't like this feeling at all.  All I can do now is wait until the teacher posts the grades.  I am sure I will still end up with a 4.0; I had 98% going into the final.
I now have 7 weeks off!!!!!  When I do go back, it will be my final semester!!!!!!  I graduate December 15th!!!! It won't come soon enough. 
I missed running group tonight. :(   After school, I went to a friend's house to retrieve a lawn chair that we had left there recently.  I ended up talking with them for 3 hours.  They are going to Key West in August and have been there many times, I'm going in January so we had a lot to talk about!!  When I got home it was nearly time that I'd have to get ready to go and I was tired so I didn't go.  I did go out and run 4 miles a couple of hours later.  It felt good to go running without any school work hanging over my head!

Runner Nerd
nervously awaiting final exam grade


No comments:

Post a Comment