Saturday, December 17, 2011

My fave salad dressing

Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese dressing



I've been using this stuff since it came out a couple years ago.  I LOVE it!!  I'm a bleu cheese on salad girl!  I never liked any of the dressings I've bought in the store until I found Lighthouse brand - and even their low fat bleu cheese dressing is great.  This one is made with yogurt and is even lower in fat than the Lighthouse low fat dressing.  It is really good!   I had some left over chicken from a couple days ago so last night when I was out Christmas shopping (oh yippie) I stopped by the store with the big salad bar and got some lettuce,  spinich and chopped yellow and red peppers (no icky green)  in a container for my lunch today.  The cashier at the checkout asked me if I forgot to get some dressing!! 
35 calories, 2.5 grams of fat! (2 Tbsp serving)
So, anyway, if anyone cares, this is the salad dressing that I buy!!!  I like it and it's low fat. 
The only thing I find odd is that the name of the cheese is usually spelled B-L-E-U but this brand spells it B-L-U-E, like the color (which is my favorite color!).  I guess it doesn't matter since I really like the dressing!!! 

I think I should go for a run now.  I have 2.5 hours until I have to leave. I'm going to a party tonight for the running group that I've been missing since becoming a full time college student.  I'm still a part of the group and I'm glad they still invite me to things!!  Most of these women eat very healthy, some are vegetarians or vegans and some aren't.  When we have a party it's crazy - we eat like pigs!!!  I made a dessert containing chocolate!!  There will be lots of chocolate there!!  I'm sure most of them ran this morning but I never did.  I am planning on a long run tomorrow. 

Runner Nerd
off for a run to pre-burn party calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment