Thursday, December 13, 2012

3 Long Days

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week my Respiratory Therapy class had board exam review.  It was 3 full days, 8am - 5:30 pm.
I'm very glad we had it, I feel so much more prepared to take my exams now.  I have 3 of them to take.  It's an odd thing; I just spent 2 years in school full time, a million hours studying and we just went over everything we need to know in 3 days.  Taking these board exams is almost like playing a game.  We learned how to pick the "key words" from the questions and what certain words signal.  It's as if we aren't going to be thinking for ourselves but playing a game, decoding a puzzle.
I'm not sure when I'm going to go and take the first exam; I hope to do it soon after Christmas.  There is a series of 3 exams that have to be taken to become a licensed RT.  Tomorrow I have to go and be fingerprinted in anticipation of applying for my license.  It has to be done before applying.
Graduation is Saturday!!!
Next week I have one week to undo 2 years of neglect in my house.  I'm having a big family get together on the 23rd.  I wish I could spend the time studying the materials from the review but I have to get the house ready. 

Tuesday night I was able to make it to running group.  When I left school I really didn't want to go.  I thought about just going home but I went.  I'm really glad I did!  We headed out for a 4 mile run.  Part of the run was on cart paths of a golf course.  The running store employee who runs with the group had went out and run the route and printed the map from his Garmin.  We looked at it, it seemed simple, it was a big loop.  We made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up running 7.7 miles!!  I really needed that!  I ran good.  I felt good afterward. 

Sunday is 5 weeks out from Key West!!!!

Runner Nerd
Nerd days coming to an end soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment