Monday, August 5, 2013

The best tempo run

It's Monday again which means that my schedule calls for a 7 mile tempo run.  Last week I ran my 7 mile tempo in 1:02:03 which is 8:51 pace.  While I was driving to where I park, I was doubtful that I could pull this off again.  I'm not sure why, maybe because when I weighed myself this morning I was 5 lbs over my goal weight.  I was so upset about that.  I've been hanging out 2-3 lbs over my goal for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy.  I just want to get myself back under control.  Anyway, I guess I did have it in me because this tempo run, the same route as last week, I ran in 1:00:49.  Less than a minute over 1 hour and over a minute faster.  The average pace today was 8:41.  Next week the distance of the tempo run goes up to 8 miles!  I'm not sure I could keep up that pace for another mile but we'll see!
I wish I'd have taken a picture of my Garmin but I didn't and I've already uploaded it to Garmin Connect so it doesn't show on the screen anymore.
I'm so excited for Wednesday night's Red Carpet Run!  My dress is sparkly and ready!!

Runner Nerd
on the road to Chicago 

No comments:

Post a Comment