Saturday, January 22, 2011

1 month into winter and I have had enough already.

How much more of this do I have to put up with?  I've had enough.  It's crazy cold this weekend.  Yesterday was single digits.  A friend posted a picture on Facebook that she took in her car on her way to work and her themometer said 7 degrees.  Yep, that's all...just 7 little degrees.  So, I went to the kitchen to check my new fancy schmancy indoor/outdoor themometer and it said 7.5 degrees.  Later in the day my daughter came home and she noticed that it said 7.5 degrees so the temp hadn't changed.  Today it got all the way up to a sweltering 15 degrees!!  I think I will like this new themometer better in the summer when the outdoor temps can be higher than indoors.  Right now it's too depressing to look at the outdoor temp.  This was our family Christmas present.  There is a little unit that is hanging outdoors on the patio and the indoor unit is inside the house on the side of the refrigerator.  The outside unit sends the temp to the inside unit.  The indoor unit has a magnet on the back for putting on the refrigerator and it also has a stand that can be pulled out and folded out to set it somewhere. 

School is crazy.  I never expected this program to be easy and was prepared to work and study hard.  I'm overwhelmed, it's complicated stuff.  The teacher says that it's all going to come together.  I sure hope it does soon because I am so confused.  The first test is on Monday so I have been studying for that all weekend.  I am so glad that I didn't have to work yesterday.  I worked all day on my notes and writing stuff out to study and today I have been studying and also doing work for the other class.  My brain hurts! 

Well, it's time for me to go to bed.  I'm all studied out, my eyes hurt, my brain hurts, I'm quite exhausted for not doing anything physical today.  I did not go running then I felt like such a slacker and was totally jealous when friends Garmin Connect runs started showing up posted on Facebook.  I am a LOOSER at running this weekend.  I froze Thursday night, the footing was bad on the dirt roads which makes my legs so sore after a run.  I'm sure it's good for me but I just want to be able to go out and run and not have to worry about falling every second.  I can't let my mind wander when I run in snow; I'd fall for sure if I did!  I ran on a treadmill Tuesday and hated every second of it. 
Soooo, anyway there is all of my complaining about winter. 

Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment