Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another Day in Paradise

The fanciest race bib I've ever had!
This is my race bib for the half marathon!  It's the fanciest race bib I've ever had!  I've never had one with a picture like that on it!  I can't believe that I have a 2 digit number.  I don't know how they assigned numbers but I did register one of the first few days registration was open. 

I got my rental bike today!  I don't have a picture of it yet.  I rode around this morning, found where the expo and packet pick up would be and then had lunch at a seafood restaurant.  You know you are in a place where it doesn't get cold when the restaurant doesn't even have walls around the outside of it!!  It is open to the outdoors and there are pigeons walking around the floor and they will come right up by your feet if they think there is a crumb on the floor!  I bet they never have to sweep the floor!
 I saw two cruise ships today!  There were two of them at the dock in Mallory Square this morning.  They are HUGE!  I've only seen pictures and I knew they weren't small but I didn't realize how massive they are.  I took pictures with my camera but I haven't put the pictures on my computer yet. After lunch and more riding around and looking in some shops that were off the main areas, I went back to my hotel room and took a nap until I rode back to pick up my packet.  I wasn't ready for dinner yet so I rode around a little bit more looking at everything.  I was in the seaport area.  There are a lot of fishing charter boats.  The pasta dinner was nothing special.  It was not even very good.  Oh well!  Hal Higdon was the speaker. 
Hal Higdon
After Hal Higdon spoke, I got on  my bike and rode back to my room and then started thinking about tomorrow morning.  I had never made any plans for breakfast.  I asked at the front desk and they directed me to a place with a deli that was in the same block as the hotel so I was able to get a bagel and I went to a convenience store I had stopped at last night for water because I remembered seeing fruit.  I'm so glad they had decent looking bananas so I got 2 bananas.  I like bananas just barely ripe and they had some that still had some green.
I have my bib pinned on my shirt and clothes and Garmin ready to go and will be going to bed soon!  The race is at 7am.  

Runner Nerd
race night in Key West

No comments:

Post a Comment