Saturday, March 2, 2013

7 miles

I ran 7 miles today.  I tried to figure out how to run 10:25 pace which is what I will need to lead my pace group in a 10K in 2 weeks.  Sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't!  There were some areas of my run where it was very difficult to run.  The dirt trail around the cemetery and the trail through the woods on the hospital campus both were difficult.  The snow had a frozen "crust" on top and the footprints that were there were all frozen; that is extremely difficult to run on.  I had a couple dirt roads on my route and they had icy spots.
The run actually went well and seemed to go by fast.  It was cold, 23 - 24 degrees.  I have the gear so I was fine but I did get cold toward the end and when I stopped running, I was freezing.  I did a few lunges and stretches - after I started my car and turned on the seat heater!! I drove home with the heater on high and I never got warm.  I couldn't wait to get in a HOT shower! 

I've lost 15 lbs!!!  YAYYY Weight Watchers Points Plus program!!!!!!!  I wore a size 10 skirt that I haven't been able to wear in a long time!  I had a funeral visitation so I decided to just try it and I didn't expect it to fit but it did!  I was so happy; I really like that skirt and it's very appropriate for a funeral visitation.  I also found that a running skirt I bought several years ago fits again!  Now I can't wait for warmer weather so I can wear it running!
This is a bad cell phone in the mirror self pic:
I can wear this skirt again!
Tomorrow I plan to run 3 or 4 miles; it looks like it's going to about the same temp.  Yippie.
I've had enough already.

Runner Nerd
not liking winter running

No comments:

Post a Comment