Thursday, April 17, 2014

My First Grandmasters Win

In all the craziness of the dog getting sick, being in the veterinary hospital, and then dying, I forgot all about something.  I heard from the director of the April Fool's Day Twinkie Run a few days after the race that there had been some mix up in timing that night and that I was the Grandmaster winner!  I got age group winner that night.  I got the message about the mix up a couple of days after the dog died and I was still pretty upset over that and still coming to terms with everything. 
I checked the updated results and I beat the woman who was given the Grandmasters win that night by four minutes!! 
I'm glad that the results are updated showing me as the Grandmasters winner.  I hope I am able to win Grandmasters again someday and actually have my name announced as such and get the award designated  for the winner. 

Runner Nerd
Grandmaster winner

No comments:

Post a Comment