Sunday, May 16, 2010

The 20 miler is in the books!! Taper time!

yep, I did it!  I ran 20 miles and it wasn't easy.  The last 5 miles were extremely tough. The last 2 were the worst.  I guess that's how it's supposed to be.
My early miles were too fast.  I ran with the Ironman training group.  They had been riding their bikes for 2 hours prior to the run.  Only one of them did 20 miles.  We first ran 12 miles and came back to the cars.  That's when most of them left.  The coach had stashed water at 6 miles so I didn't have to wear my water bottle belt.  I had sport beans at 6 miles and again at 12.  I think I also had some at 15.  We ran 2 3 mile loops coming back to the car after each.  We finished up the last 2 miles on a track.  We had had enough hills.  We started from the field house parking lot at the community college.
Right now I really don't know what I am going to do for fueling during my marathon.  I absolutely despise Gu (have I ever mentioned that before!!)  I like sport beans but it is a lot of chewing to get a whole pack down.  I only like 1 flavor of Gu Chomps.  There is just no denying that Gu is the easiest thing to carry.  The packets are small and skinny and 6 of them fit perfectly in the little pouch of my spibelt. I think it's gonna be choke down the Gu every 5 miles.  I will live. 
Well, I have to go to work in the morning earlier than usual so I better get my sore tired body to bed. 
Oh, I didn't mention that it was beautiful weather today and for the first time this year I wore a sleevless top!!!  IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!! 
Goodnight
tapering Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment