Thursday, May 20, 2010

Plan B

It was Plan B tonight.  I had planned on running 8 miles after work.  After work was supposed to be at 5 but ended up being at 7:30 instead.  I don't think I'd have had enough daylight left to run 8 miles by the time I drove to Gallup Park (the long way around since the Geddes Exit is closed) and changed my clothes.  Soooo I came up with plan B! I went to Bandemer Park to run my favorite route!  The parking lot was nearly full and I had no choice but to park next to a truck with 4 dudes standing behind it talking.  I climbed into my back seat and proceeded to change my clothes and they never even looked that way!!  THANK YOU to whoever invented tinted windows!!!!
I ran really good.  The first 3 miles were all under 9 minutes!!  I don't know what got into me!  It was just so beautiful tonight.  The weather was great, it was in the mid 60s and was still sunny.  The water is rushing full force over the dam again and the headrace is full of water again which looks so much better.  It is so good to see the water rushing over the end of it into the river again.  It looked so terrible all winter when they had it closed off.  They are cutting a lot of trees along there because they are going to be digging up those toe drain thingys to repair them.  It really looks different.  It is strange to be able to see so far down the path when entering it without all the trees.  I am so glad that they are not going to remove the dam.
I considered following the paved path back the way I came since I was running so good and to see if I could keep up that pace for another 1.5 miles but the woods won!  The wooded Argo Bluffs trail is my favorite part of this route; I couldn't imagine not running through there.  I had to slow down going through the woods or I'd have fallen for sure.  It's so pretty in there this time of year. 
It's now 10 days till M day and you know what that means!!  I know I shouldn't even think about it but I can't resist.  The 10 day forecast!  I looked on 2 different weather sites but neither had May 29th on yet.  There were only 9 days showing on the 10 day forecast.  The forecast for the days leading up to the 29th show sunny and 70s and 80s!! I know it will change daily.  I don't know why I even look at it.
Well, it's bed time.  More work tomorrow but thankfully not too early!! 
Can't wait till 6pm and Thursday night running group!!!
Goodnight
Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment