Saturday, September 11, 2010

20 miles

I did my first 20 miler of training for this marathon today!  My longest run before this was 16 (last week) and I decided to go for it and jump to 20 miles today.  The last 2 miles were tough. 
I have to do this again in 2 weeks. 
My new shoes felt good. 
I ran in a group training run so I was always in a group.  I once ran a 20 miler all by myself and I hope I never do that again!  In 2 weeks there is a 20 mile training run on the course of the marathon and I think I'm going to go to that.  WOW! Only 2 weeks left before tapering starts! 
This is going to be my last marathon until I am done with school so I hope it's not a disaster. 
I added up my mileage for the week and came up with 48.8 miles! I am sooooo tempted to go out and run 1.2 miles tomorrow to make it 50 but I doubt very much that I will.  I need a rest day. 
I'm super tired now.  That is something I've noticed this year.  On days I run any distance I am wiped out around 8pm. 
5 weeks from tomorrow is the day!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment