Saturday, April 23, 2011

5 weeks

I did my long run today wearing summer running clothes!!!!  I ran 10 miles after not running at all last weekend.  I had in mind to try to run right around 9:50 per mile but I couldn't quite do it.  Right now the thought of running a half marathon in 5 weeks is not a pleasant thought.  When I finished my 10 mile run the first thought I had was that I still had 3.1 miles to go for a half marathon.  I don't know; somehow I will get through it.  I'm thinking maybe 11 miles next week and 12 the next 2 weeks then the last 2 weeks until the half marathon will be a taper. 

Well, those thoughts are going to have to wait since I have the final exam of my life on Tuesday and have lots of studying to do.  Tomorrow is Easter and, as bad as this sounds, I don't have time for a holiday right now. With this final hanging over my head it's hard to get excited about anything.  I actually wasn't sure I was going to run this weekend but when I first let the dog out this morning I realized that I didn't feel the blast of cold air when I opened the door.  Then when he wrapped his leash around the light pole and I had to go out there and walk him around it I was shocked that it felt so warm.  I checked the temp and it was 57 degrees!!!!  Then I knew that I HAD to go running!!  I put on shorts and a short sleeve shirt and took off for Hudson Mills.  It was really nice to run in decent weather again.  BUT...now I have to make up for that 2.5 hours I was gone and get to work on studying for this exam.  Yippie. 

I saw something today that I have never seen before.  A dude was riding a bike around with a large BIRD sitting on the handlebars!!!  I saw him 3 different times while I was running.  As far as I could see there was nothing on the bird such a little birdy harness in case he tried to fly away.  Must be a very well behaved bird, especially since there are many many dogs being walked!!  It was really cool to see! 

OK, the running part is over so... back to being the world's oldest college student!!

Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment