Saturday, April 17, 2010

6 Weeks till M day!

Today was long run day!  I ran 17.5 miles with the triathlon coach from the YMCA.  Nobody else showed up so it was just the two of us.  Meet up time was 6:30AM.  He usually has the group runs at 10 but had to run real early today because his high school track team had an invitational so he had to be done around 9. 
The run went pretty good.  My hamstring stayed nice and quiet!!  My average pace for the run was 9:54 but when I took the time before the last mile and figured it with a pace calculator it was 9:42 average for the first 16.5.  The last mile was tough.  It was my slowest mile and it was more than slow!!  It was freezing this morning.  I had to wear long tights and a winter shirt.  I thought those were put away for the summer!  I also wore a headband and gloves.  I have been wearing shorts the last 2 weeks now.  We ran a 6.5 mile loop twice then a 3.5 miler then I ran a mile alone since coach had to get going.  On the way home my calves ached just like they did last week and it was hard to drive.  After my shower I fell asleep for a little while and when I got up I didn't think I could straighten my legs out!!  I really need to use that foam roller that stands in the corner! 
Tomorrow I am going to a triathlon clinic where the subject is going to be bike maintenance and tire changing!!  I have no clue how to change a bike tire so I signed up for this.  There will also be info on buying a wetsuit which is something I should do if I plan to keep doing triathlons.  I am sure I will enjoy the clinic.  I have to go figure out how to take the front tire off of my bike; I've never removed it before. This should be funny!  I'm glad nobody will be watching me! 

I am exhausted now.  I have been trying to work on my project for my computer class but am not having much success.  I guess I will work on it again tomorrow.  Right now all I want to do is sleep for about 12 hours!!  I won't be able to do that since 12 hours from right now I need to be leaving for the tri clinic.  10 hours sounds good!! 

SIX WEEKS TO BAYSHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worn out Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment