Thursday, April 29, 2010

JUST STOP IT ALREADY. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I don't know what to do anymore. 
I ran 7 miles with the Thursday night group.  Everything was fine and dandy.  The dirt roads were dry, a spot that had been flooded was also dry, great weather, cool friends to run with, 9:20s-9:30s miles, it was all good.  Well, all good until nearly 6 miles into the run.  I began feeling the familiar twinges.  As much as I did not want to I slowed down considerably.  It never got really bad but it is a bit sore now.  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
My marathon is 4 weeks from Saturday.  I don't know how much running I am going to be able to do this weekend, if any.  My niece is getting married Saturday which will consume nearly the entire day for me.  Sunday I have a family thing in Ohio.  I am just going to rest it.  A week from Saturday is the Riverbank 25K.  I would like to try running it at 9 min pace but I will see what happens that day. 
Tomorrow I have an appointment for massage.  The guy I go to is really good with running injuries so hopefully it will be happy afterward. 
I've had enough of this.  I am getting closer to getting rid of last summers weight gain so I hate to have to cut my mileage any more.  I guess I am going to have to be very careful (even more than what I have been) as to what I eat.  
ok, I am going to go to bed now and cry myself to sleep.  (not really, it's not that bad!)
goodnight
Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment