Sunday, April 4, 2010

Greek Yogurt

Lately I've been reading a lot about greek yogurt.  I've read about how great it is in Runner's World articles, running websites, Runner Dude raves about it on his blog.  A runner friend of mine recently told me I should switch to greek yogurt.  Well, I finally tried it.  I have one word for it: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
I did not like it, I ate 3 spoonfuls and could not do it.  It was like eating sour cream.  It was supposed to be vanilla but it did not taste like vanilla.  I tried it Friday.  I did not have to go to work until in the afternoon and I slept in and ate breakfast way late.  When I was getting ready to leave for work I realized I was getting hungry but did not have time to eat before I left.  I remembered I had the greek yogurt in the fridge so I grabbed that and a spoon and off I went.  I tried, I really did but it was like eating sour cream.  I ate 3 spoonfuls and that was it. Soooooooo, I was extremely hungry all afternoon and it was all I could do to not drive through Wendy's and get a fish sandwich.  I really like those things for some reason.  They will be gone after today which is a good thing.  Wendy's only sells them during Lent.

I did not run today.  I posted on Facebook that I was scheduled to run 16 miles but didn't know if I should and my friends pretty much ordered me not to.  I just want to make it to Bayshore and be able to run it, I DO NOT want to have to drop out.  My hamstring is sore on and off when I am walking around so I guess it's not ready for running especially running 16 miles.


Happy Easter to anyone who may happen to read this.

Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment