Friday, March 19, 2010

Feeling Better the Day After

I feel normal again!!  I must have been worn out, I slept 9 solid hours without waking up, not even to use bathroom!! That is very unusual. 
Thinking back, I probably did not eat enough yesterday during the day, especially protein.  I also think I should have drank more often and sooner than I did.  I never drank until 6 miles.  I ate 1/2 of the package of sport beans and water at 7 -7.5 miles.  I remember where I drank and am guessing at the mileage.  I drank some water around 10 miles and gatorade around 12 miles. I intended to mix up 4-6 oz of accelerade which has protein & carbs to drink before running but I lost track of my time and ended up rushing to get going on time so that never happened. 
I have the Nathan 2 bottle belt.  Each bottle holds 10 oz.  This is one thing about running that I don't like.  I like to just go out and run, nothing around my waist, nothing to think about like how much how often to drink,etc.  I guess I should have never become involved in distance running!! 
I'm not sore today, I thought I would not even be able to get out of bed this morning judging by how everything hurt last night.  Last night just before going to bed I came back downstairs and it felt like after running a marathon when you need to go down stairs backwards; I'm glad that wasn't the case this morning! 

Well, I have some errands to run so I better get going.  I'm just happy to report that I feel much better today!!!

Runner Nerd

No comments:

Post a Comment