Thursday, November 5, 2009

Singing in the movie theater

Tonight I went to see one of those special one showing movies.  It was about a christian group from Australia called Hillsong United, the movie was called Hillsong United We're all in this Together.  It was about the things they've seen as they've travelled the world performing concerts.  The first 30 minutes was supposed to be the band singing new songs that have never been performed before and it was live.  I didn't know that but that's what people were saying.  Anyway, the live part started but there was no sound and the people at the movie theater said they were working on it then they said that they had called somebody to find out what to do.  A man stood up and said that while we are waiting to hear Hillsong United 2 boys from their youth group would lead everyone in singing their songs.  It was really cool!  I just recently discovered Hillsong United so I do not know any of the songs but I was enjoying the young people singing.  Then they got a girl to sing a song that they said was too high for them.  She didn't want to do it but many people in the theater were asking her to do it.  She had barely started (and she had a beautiful voice) and the sound came on so we got to hear the last 2 songs, I really liked what I heard.  The movie was good, it was a lot to take in.  Since I've been home I have been sitting here watching and listening to youtube videos of Hillsong United instead of studying for tomorrows classes.  Oops!!!
I just thought that was the neatest thing for those 2 teenagers to do at the movie theater when the sound wasn't working!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPuUIUWE8h8&feature=fvw

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...come before his presence with singing." --Holy Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment