Saturday, December 19, 2009

Running log books

I got my new running log book yesterday.  Here it is with 52 weeks of blank pages, 52 blank weekly mileage and year to date miles boxes, a blank shoe page, 3 blank pages of "rave runs" and 5 pages of blank race reports.  Blank pages all waiting to be filled with my running mileage, cross training, race reports and hopefully NO injury reports followed by days or weeks of blank days like a few times this year.  I'm looking at my current book with only 1 full week left in it.  In the front cover it says: Journal for the year ______to______.  I wrote Jan. 1, 2009 in the first space.  I REMEMBER DOING THAT like it was yesterday!  I put my race bibs in the back and I stick the D-tags on the inside of the back cover when I ran a race that used them.  I wonder if anyone else does that.  Hard to believe this book is just about full. 
I have tried a couple different online running logs, for awhile I tried to keep one that is on the Runner's World website but I didn't keep up with it.  I like using the log book and writing in it with a pen, would that be considered "old school"???  Oh well, it works for me.  I can just grab the book and write, no waiting for the computer to turn on, web site to load, clicking in each box, saving, etc.  I can pick it up and look up things like my time in a race or whatever.  I'm sticking with it!!  I like the one put out by Runner's World.

Today I ran 7 miles with a group of people at the gym.  It wasn't as cold as I thought it was.  I wore my Underarmour coldgear shirt and was too warm.  It had snowed some overnight, enough to make it difficult in places.  I stepped in a big slushy puddle and splashed all over the front of my legs.  I have 20 miles for the week and am right on track to hit 1000 miles before the end of the year!  I doubt I will do any running tomorrow, we have to go to a family get together in Ohio.  My sister from California is flying in tomorrow morning!!  I haven't seen her in about a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment