Sunday, January 24, 2010

12 miles today and 27.5 for the week!

I ran 12 miles today! That is the longest I've run in a long time.  The last time I ran 12 miles was September 12. The last time I ran more than 12 miles was the River Bank Run wayyyyyyyy back on May 9.  The last non-race run of more than 12 miles was April 23 and was 14.5 miles and my last long run for the River Bank Run.
I ran with a group of triathletes from the gym.  It rained most of the night and most of the morning, it rained most of my drive to the trailhead where we met.  It was 40 degrees which isn't too bad but I wasn't looking forward to a wet soggy run.   It actually stopped raining!!!!!!!! Toward the end of the run there were a few sprinkles here and there.  We got really lucky, I wasn't very far into my drive home when it started raining again.
I also had the highest weekly mileage in a long time.  I had 27.5 miles!  The last time I had that much was September 7-13th.  I have to admit that it was very difficult to get out there and run this week.  Tuesday I worked a few hours in the morning then had a dentist appointment.  After the appt I changed at the gym then went to the trail and ran 4, I sure didn't want to do it and almost only ran 3.  Wednesday I ran on a treadmill at the gym during the break between classes.  I told myself all morning that I wasn't going to do it because my mouth hurt.  I had some repair work done that morning (before going to class) to a root canal which was infected badly under the crown.  Again, I almost quit at 3 miles.  Thursday night was with my Thursday night running group and I always look forward to that so no problem there.  Yesterday I nearly didn't run since I was going to be running 12 today but after finding out a friend had just run 5 miles I changed and went out for a 3 mile run from home.  How pathetic --  I have to trick myself into getting out and running!  Oh well!
I know one thing and that is that I am ready for spring already!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Congrats on the 12. Good luck on the training for the River Bank Run. And, of course, I hope to see you at the FINISH LINE of the Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon in October.

    and the adventure continues....
    Don Kern
    grandrapidsmarathon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A celebrity commented on my blog!!!!!
    Thanks!
    I hope to run your marathon again, I'm not sure yet if I am going to try it this year.

    ReplyDelete