Friday, January 1, 2010

First run of 2010

My brand new and very blank running log for this year did not have to wait long for me to write in it!  I closed out 2009 by running so what better way to bring in 2010 than by, you guessed it, running! 
One of the trainers at the gym I go to led a group run of 10 miles today.  Most of the people who showed up were from the triathlon training group.  (the run was led by the tri coach)  I just happened to be the only girl to show up so I got to run with a whole bunch of guys!!!!  That will probably never happen again! 
As is usual for me lately, I seem to lose it at 6 miles.  I really slow down.  Nobody was running all that fast today and there were some places where it was very icy.  We saw some bikers out for a ride and they were having a tough time going down an icy hill and we were having a tough time running up it! 
I ended 09 with 1022 miles, 20 races, 1 PR and 3 hamstring pulls.  I will work on a year running recap with all the details soon.  I had all that yesterday, today I started with ZERO miles, ZERO races and  no injuries and now I have 10 miles so I would say this year is off to a great RUNNING start!!!!

Here's to a great year of running and a PR or two!!!
Runner Nerd
running fanatic and honor student 

No comments:

Post a Comment