Friday, January 1, 2010

364 days till New Years Eve!

Yes, I am counting down until the next New Years Eve!  That is because my sister and I are going to go to New York City and run the Emerald Nuts Midnight Run in Central Park!!!  I have always wanted to do that.  I read others run reports and watched their video clips through their blogs and facebook entries. 

This got started back in September.  I ran across the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day, an event put on by the Governor's Council on Health & Physical Fitness.  It is open to any Michigan Resident who is able to run the entire distance.  There is an application process and 400 are chosen.  I posted my pictures on an online photo album for my family to see.  My sister wrote to me that she wanted to do this with me next year.   I had to inform her that one must be a Michigan resident which she is not...BUT...if she wanted to do a very cool running event with me we should go to New York City for the midnight run on New Years Eve!  Well, she accepted the challenge!  Her stepsons have been asking her to take them back to NY for New Years Eve, a trip they took 5 years ago. 

I'm very excited and really looking forward to it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment