Friday, January 1, 2010

Run into the New Year 5K

I won my age group!!!!!!  
I ran the Run into the New Year 5K. It was cold and icy in places.  I wasn't dressed warm enough.  I dressed in my running clothes before going to dinner at my friend's house.  It had been in the mid 30s all day.  When we arrived at the race and got out of the car I could tell that the temperature had dropped.  The parking lot was slippery but the street seemed ok.  I was a bit chilly during most of the race.  There were icy spots here and there.  As the race went on it became apparent that we should  not have had the yummy chocolate desserts before the race.  We should have went back to her house and had the desserts AFTER the race!!  I got the bowling ball in tummy feeling and cramps first on left side then they moved over to the right side. 
I must get  back into shape. 
So, here we are in the year 2010.  I sent a text msg to a friend who lives on the west coast after my race to brag about winning my age group and also to wish a happy new year.  It dawned on me that it won't be the new year out there for another 2.5 hours.  That is very weird-my friend and I are living in different years!  (same for my sister and I since she also lives out there) 
I finish out 2009 with 1022 miles ran!  I will try to put together a running year recap soon.  I am not sure how many races I ran.  I actually had 1 PR this year too!! I hope 2010 is a better running year for me than 2009 was. 
Tomorrow I will be running again at noon, 10 miles is planned.  I can't think of a better way to end a year and then begin a new one than by RUNNING!!!!
Happy New Year

Runner Nerd
honor student and running fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment